FAQ for the BETA
Many questions have arisen in the beta. We will answer them all here
- I've installed the game, now what?
- How can I find other players who play?
- What can I do with components?
- Will there be guilds in the future?
- Where can I find chests?
- How long for chests to pop up?
- Will chests still appear if the frame is closed?
- Will the sidebar only open on Steemit?
- I know I have fought battles but when I click on "History" it says I haven't fought any battles?
- I just fought a battle but my stats have not changed?
- I have installed the plugin, I get the dropdown where I select "Steempunk-Net" but nothing happens.
- I am commenting and voting but I do not see my SPF changing.
- Why do I keep losing to @Allstarrunner?
Go to the discord channel and on the left hand side you will see #battle-announcement where you can post your own profile and view the profiles of other active beta testers.
Currently nothing; but in the future you will be able to craft items.
Yes - what that looks like will be determined at a later date.
The Steempunk-Net blog page is a "spawning ground" for chests (but only components); otherwise, as long as you are anywhere on Steemit, you will have a chance for a chest to pop up.
The more you interact (vote, comment, post) the higher chance you have of finding chests. Make sure to check out @dkarts post about getting started.
That depends on your interaction with Steemit; but it can take an hour or more for chests to show up (except for the Steempunk-net blog page). The algorithm is constantly being watched to see what tweaks need to be made.
Yes, as long as you are logged in you will continue to find chests even if the frame is closed.
Right now, yes. In the future it is planned to extend this to other pages.
It means you have been logged out; you just need to log back in. You can right click inside the frame and select "Reload Frame" and it will take you back to the login page.
You need to refresh the frame; right click and select "reload frame"; (an update is coming)
Do you have Hotspot Shield installed in your browswer? It may be blocking the frame from opening. Disable adblocking and try again; let devs know if you find a conflict.
The profile isn't designed to update every minute. B) The Steemit network is often lagging.
He is unbeatable ;-)